Sunday, February 8, 2009

Movies...

I know, my last post promised a blog every Friday. I forgot. But here it is a few days late. And for the first time, this blog has little to do with spirituality. As many of you know I am a movie freak. I have a movie pod cast on itunes called filminfocus that I co-host with Jason Spencer, so check it out, its free. Also, I post movie reviews on a website flixster.com, username sanjurosamurai. I’ve seen most major films released in 2008, and I wanted to recommend my top 10.

1) Changeling
2) The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
3) The Dark Knight
4) Burn After Reading
5) Kung Fu Panda
6) Gran Torino
7) Vicky Christina Barcelona
8) Defiance
9) Revolutionary Road
10) Doubt

Keep in mind, some of these are rated R, but there is some great commentary in these films on the human condition and important philosophical themes – well – except Kung Fu Panda that’s here just because its fun.

4 comments:

Lady D said...

I love watching movies too. I was wondering if you have heard of and/or watched Old Boy (it's a Korean film), or Pay It Forward. I think you would really like Pay It Forward, if you haven't seen it.

Danny Daley said...

Ive seen pay it forward and actually disliked it quite a bit. I felt that the end was a bit too melodramatic and i though Spacey's performance was very sub par for a guy who's usually very good.

Ive heard a ton about Old Boy and have every intention of seeing it soon but as of yet have not had the chance. Im looking forward to it though.

Lady D said...

I was wondering if you have seen:
1.House of Sand and Fog
2.Body of Lies
3.21 Grams
4.Far From Heaven
5.Pride and Prejudice
6.The Zodiac
7.Code Breakers
8.Peaceful Warrior

I haven't seen any of these but I would like to one day. I was just wondering on some feedback. I'm sorry you didn't like Pay It Forward, I thought that was something you would have liked. Did you like the idea at least?

I don't know. I'm not really a good movie critic, I try to be open to many things. That way I can like it if it's a good or bad movie, as long as it has a good meaning. Now a movie like Napoleon Dynamite, that I couldn't even finish. Did have you seen it? If so what do you think?

Danny Daley said...

of all of the films here the one i would most recommend is zodiac, assuming youre refering to the one directed by david fincher (there are other versions that are terrible). body of lies is entertaining but because ridley scott directed and dicaprio starred i expected more. but it was still good.